Bursting with new features, Apple's iMovie '09 is vastly more usable and complete than iMovie '08 -- amazing right out of the box. But the box doesn't include a good user's guide, so learning these applications is another matter. iMovie '09 and iDVD: The Missing Manual gets you up to speed on everything you need to turn raw digital footage into highly creative video projects.
You get crystal-clear, jargon-free explanations of iMovie's new video effects, slow & fast motion, advanced drag & drop, video stabilization, and more.
Author and New York Times tech columnist David Pogue uses an objective lens to scrutinize every step of process, including how to:
- Organize your videos just like your photos, and precisely edit with ease
- Work on multiple iMovie projects at once and drag & drop clips among them
- Integrate with other iLife programs to use songs, photos, and an original sound track
- Output your creation to a blog, its own web page, or as a video podcast with iWeb
- Understand basic film techniques to improve the quality of the video you bring to iMovie
From choosing and using a digital camcorder to burning the finished work onto DVDs, posting it online, or creating versions for iPod and iPhone, iMovie '09 & iDVD: The Missing Manual helps you zoom right in on the details.