Catel et Bocquet retracent le destin de la fascinante Joséphine Baker dans un magnifique roman (bio)graphique tout en noir et blanc. En 500 pages, les auteurs nous dévoilent toutes les facettes de cette femme emplie de convictions : muse de nombreux artistes, militante contre la ségrégation raciale, agent du contre-espionnage de la France Libre, mère adoptive d’une douzaine d’enfants venus d’horizons divers… elle était décidément bien plus qu’une danseuse de cabaret affublée d’une ceinture de bananes...
Take full advantage of Heroku's cloud-based hosting services. This guide takes you through the inner workings of this PaaS platform and delivers practical advice for architecting your application to work as efficiently as possible. You'll learn best practices for improving speed and throughput, solving latency issues, locating and fixing problems if your application goes down, and ensuring your deployments go smoothly.
By covering everything from basic concepts and primary components to add-on services and advanced topics such as buildpacks, this book helps you effectively deploy and manage your application with Heroku.
- Learn your way around Heroku with the command line interface
- Discover several methods for scaling your application to increase throughput
- Speed up response time through performance optimizations
- Solve latency issues by deploying your Heroku instance in new regions
- Choose the right plan for using Heroku's PostgreSQL database-as-a-service
- Get a checklist of items to consider when deploying your application
- Find and fix problems during deployment, at runtime, and when your application goes down
- Understand how Heroku buildpacks work, and learn how customize your own
Neil Middleton has been developing web applications for over 15 years across a variety of industries and technologies. Now working for a popular agency in the south of England, Neil primarily spends his time writing Ruby applications and deploying to Heroku - the cloud platform provider. Neil is a massive fan of keeping things simple and straightforward.