Learn how to set up and support the Windows 2000 Server operating system-and prepare for the Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) exam-with this official Microsoft study guide. Work through the modular lessons and hands-on labs for practical experience installing, administering, and troubleshooting this powerful enterprise server system. As you build these real-world support skills, you're also preparing for MCP Exam 70-215-a core requirement on the new MCSE track for Windows 2000.
Here's what you'll learn.
* Installing or upgrading to Windows 2000 Server by using automated setup tools and by deploying service packs
* Configuring network services for interoperability
* Managing access to shared system and Web-based resources, including setting up a distributed file system (Dfs)
* Administering Windows 2000 disks and data storage
* Setting up and troubleshooting hardware devices and drivers
* Monitoring and optimizing system performance, reliability, and availability
* Implementing network protocols and services, including virtual private networks (VPNs), routing and remote access, and Terminal Services
* Ensuring system security through Encrypting File System (EFS), policies, and security configuration tools
Here's what's inside.
* Comprehensive self-paced training that maps to MCP exam goals and objectives
* Hands-on, skill-building exercises with practice files on CD-ROM
* Lesson summaries and end-of-chapter review questions to help gauge your progress