Learn professional Java GUI development techniques from Vartan Piroumian, a Java developer and instructor. Use his Java GUI design expertise, proven idioms, and commercial-quality code to develop your own sophisticated interfaces.
Written by a professional software developer for software developers, Java GUI Development provides a code-intensive, solutions-oriented approach to application development.
• Learn the principles of good GUI design for applets and applications
• Take advantage of the concepts and paradigms of Java GUI programming
• Understand the JFC architecture and organization
• Work with the Model-View-Controller architecture
• Fully utilize the AWT and Swing components
• Design with Layout managers
• Add event handling with the
Delegation Event Model
• Use named and anonymous inner classes for sophisticated event handling
• Learn Swing model architecture
concepts and applications
• Create AWT graphics
• Effectively use colors and fonts