This book will introduce you to the world of Microsoft's Site Server 3.0, a powerful solution for the needs of the business web site. You will learn about Site Server Commerce Edition, which provides a framework for the rapid development of e-commerce solutions. The complete installation guide provided in this book will help you to set up Site Server 3.0 and Site Server Commerce Edition, and whether you're using SQL Server 6.5 or SQL Server 7.0, all the details are there. We go on to show you how to set up an e-commerce site, and after deconstructing the site into its ASP pages, components and databases, you'll learn how to program Site Server and how to work with pipelines. Find out about the functionality that Site Server gives you, from Content Management and Search capabilities, to Personalization & Membership and Analysis.
Who is this book for?
This book is aimed at developers who want to learn how to leverage Microsoft
technologies to get the most out of the Internet for their business. Assuming only scripting and HTML knowledge, this book serves as an introduction to Site Server for the complete beginner, and is also suitable for managers or general technicians who need an overview of e-commerce solutions.
What does this book cover?
• Introduces the full range of Site Server functionality
• An introduction to the principles behind e-commerce
• Complete step-by-step guide through installation and set up
• Common custom extensions to a wizard-generated site
• The tools and wizards that allow you to set up an e-commerce site
• Building pipeline components
• How to use Site Server to administer your site