Test-Driven Infrastructure with Chefdemonstrates a radical approach to developing web infrastructure that combines the powerful Chef configuration management framework with Cucumber, the leading Behavior-driven development (BDD) tool. Learn how to deliver real business value by developing infrastructure code test-first.
Infrastructure consultant Stephen Nelson-Smith shows you how this unique approach allows you to make significant changes without the fear of unexpected side effects-a great benefit when you're developing code to control your production infrastructures.
By using the test-first approach introduced in this book, you gain increased security, code quality, and peace of mind.
- Learn the core principles behind the infrastructure-as-code approach, including modularity, cooperation, extensibility, and flexibility
- Take a high-level tour of the Chef framework, tool, and API, as well as the community behind the project
- Set up a workstation to interact with the Chef API
- Get an overview of Cucumber and learn the principles of BDD
- Start using Cucumber-Chef, the open source infrastructure testing platform
- Explore test-driven infrastructure development with a hands-on tutorial