Learn how to make useful, attractive Web sites with iWeb!
Apple's iWeb aims to help you build an attractive Web site quickly and easily, but not all of iWeb's features are fully explained. If you want step-by-step instructions and plenty of time-saving tips, Web pro Steve Sande can help. InTake Control of iWeb, Steve walks you through all the steps for building an iWeb site and uploading it to .
Mac or to another Web host. You can look over his shoulder as he enhances iWeb's templates with a designer's eye, using tools like masks, reflections, and Instant Alpha.
Steve teaches you the best ways to make all types of iWeb pages-including blog, podcast, photo, and movie pages-and he covers topics that go beyond the basics and way beyond the online help. You'll learn how add special elements to your site: iPhoto albums and galleries, YouTube videos, Google AdSense ads, Google maps, and forms that integrate with Google Docs.
You'll also find coverage of how to edit graphics so your site loads faster, how to import podcasts and videos, how to make image maps, and even ideas for working with CafePress, Google Checkout, and Zen Cart to create an online store.
Read this book to learn the answers to questions such as:
- How do I create graphical effects like those in the above clickable images?
- What are smart guidelines for naming sites and Web pages?
- What's the deal with iWeb Domain files?
- What URL will my home page end up with?
- How do I create an RSS feed for my blog?
- How do I make an image map? (There is a way!)
- Can I create an entire online store with iWeb?
- How do I edit a graphic so its background color matches the color of my page?
- What if I don't want to publish to .
- What if I want to publish to . Mac, but with my own domain name in my URL?