Why learn F#? With this guide, you'll learn how this multi-paradigm language not only offers you an enormous productivity boost through functional programming, but also lets you develop applications using your existing object-oriented and imperative programming skills. You'll quickly discover the many advantages of the language, including access to all the great tools and libraries of the . NET platform.
Reap the benefits of functional programming for your next project, whether you're writing concurrent code, or building data- or math-intensive applications.
With this comprehensive book, former F# team member Chris Smith gives you a head start on the fundamentals and walks you through advanced concepts of the F# language.
- Learn F#'s unique characteristics for building applications
- Gain a solid understanding of F#'s core syntax, including object-oriented and imperative styles
- Make your object-oriented code better by applying functional programming patterns
- Use advanced functional techniques, such as tail-recursion and computation expressions
- Take advantage of multi-core processors with asynchronous workflows and parallel programming
- Use new type providers for interacting with web services and information-rich environments
- Learn how well F# works as a scripting language