Are you a solo web designer or part of a small team itching to build interesting projects with Drupal? This hands-on book provides the tools and techniques to get you going. Award-winning designer Dani Nordin guides you through site planning, teaches you how to create solid, user-centered design for the Drupal framework, and shows you tricks for using real, honest-to-goodness, developer Ninja Magick.
This book is a compilation of three short guides-Planning Drupal Projects, Design and Prototyping for Drupal, and Drupal Development Tricks for Designers-plus exclusive "director's material." If you're familiar with HTML and CSS, but struggling with Drupal's learning curve, this is the book you've been looking for.
- Learn how to work user-centered design practices into Drupal projects
- Choose the right modules for your project, and discover several go-to modules
- Use strategies for sketching, wireframing, and designing effective layouts
- Manage Drupal's markup, including code generated by the powerful Views module
- Learn how to work with Drupal on the command line
- Set up your development environment and collaborate with other designers and developers
- Learn the basics of Git, the free open source version control system