The TeI/Tk best seller, now completely updated for Tel 8.2 and the Tel Web Server!
Tcl/Tk 8.2 is the first scripting language that can handle enterprise-wide integration tasks that encompass Windows, Solaris, Macintosh, and other key platforms. Now, in this fully updated Third Edition, Tel/Tk development team member and best-selling author Brent Welch presents all you need to know to achieve powerful results with Tcl/Tk 8.2 and the new Tel Web Server.
* Tel's fundamental mechanisms and operating system interfaces
* Basic and advanced coding techniques and tools, including the Tel script library facility
* Tk and X Windows-with detailed examples and sample widgets
* The new, extensible Tel Web Server
* New Tel internationalization features and thread support
* New techniques for working with regular expressions and namespaces
You'll find extensive coverage of user interface development, as well as application integration techniques that leverage Tcl/Tk's powerful cross-platform scripting capabilities. Welch covers Tcl's extensive network support, as well as Safe Tel, C programming with the Tk toolkit, the Tel compiler, and Tcl/Tk plug-ins for Netscape and Internet Explorer. Whether you're a current Tcl/Tk programmer, or a developer searching for a convenient, powerful multiplatform scripting language, Practical Programming in Tel and Tk, Third Edition delivers exactly what you're looking for.