If you've been looking for a cost-effective way to network a handful of computers, your search stops here-welcome to Linux!
Linux: A Network Solution for Your Office shows you step by step how to network a cluster of Windows machines with Linux at the hub-and even give the networked machines Internet capabilities. Learn to use your Linux machine as a mail server, network router, firewall gateway, World Wide Web server, and PPP server for dial-up connections. You even get a CD with Linux to get you up and running!
USE YOUR LINUX SERVER TO...
* Connect Windows-based PCs while supporting file and printer sharing with Samba
* Act as a WWW (HTTP) server for an intranet or the Internet
* Provide network Internet mail (POP3 and SMTP) services and Protect against email spam
* Offer File Transfer Protocol (FTP) services
* Perform network firewall functions such as network aliasing and packet filtering