The Arden Shakespeare is the established scholarly edition of Shakespeare's plays. Now in its third series, Arden offers the best in contemporary scholarship. Each volume guides you to a deeper understanding and appreciation of Shakespeare's work.
This edition of King Henry VI Part 1 provides:
• A clear and authoritative text, edited to the highest standards of scholarship
• Detailed notes and commentary on the same page as the text
• A full, illustrated introduction to the play's historical, cultural and performance contexts
• An in-depth survey of critical approaches to the play
• A full index to the introduction and notes
• A select bibliography of references and further reading
With a wealth of helpful and incisive commentary, The Arden Shakespeare is the finest edition of Shakespeare you can find.