Here's a complete introduction to programming using Perl, written so its accessible to those learning Perl as their first programming language.
With examples ranging from a useful utility to search the Perl FAQs to a web client for tracking and charting stock quotes to an object-oriented student grading system, this book offers you a practical, hands-on approach to learning programming the Perl way.
• Style and design issues and the software development cycle
• Full descriptions of Perl's data types, variables, operators, and control structures In-depth coverage of Perl's regular expressions
• References and nested data structures
• Documentation and Literate Programming
• Text and list manipulation
• Debugging techniques
• Using and writing modules
• Object-oriented programming and abstract data structures