C# is a new language from Microsoft for developing component-based Internet applications and services that run on the new Microsoft NET platform. Here in one concise volume is everything the intermediate-to-advanced programmer needs to know to begin using C# and the NET Framework SDK.
Key features of C# Essentials include:
• Concise overviews of the C# language, the Common Language Runtime (CLR), and the Base Class Library (BCL), including coverage of the most important BCL namespaces by function.
• Complete coverage of all C# language elements and their syntax, with easily grasped syntax summaries and a glossary of all C# keywords.
• Explanations with code examples of the major C# datatypes, from built-in base types and objects to enums, delegates, collections, commonly implemented interfaces, and more.
• Instruction on the basic tasks every C# programmer must master, from exception and event handling to networking, threading, using regular expressions, and using reflection and custom attributes.
• Examples of interoperating with legacy Win32 APIs and COM components, and of using C/C++ style pointers within the managed context of the CLR.
• Discussions of common development issues, such as building shared assemblies; an overview of the essential tools in the SE)K; and a cross reference that maps nainespaces to assemblies.