The most comprehensive guide of its kind - written by local experts, illustrated by personal histories, and packed with essential information on every step of the buying process: dealing with estate agents, insurance, security, letting for income, building from scratch and renovation. The guide examines the best places to buy, from Normandy to the Côte d'Azur, with profiles of the regions and chapters on settling in; and there's all the specialist legal advice you need: money transfer and taxes, wills, surveys, permits and fees. For a new start, a second home, a business project or a dream retirement, this book will prove indispensable.
* expert legal advice and guidance
* scores of case studies and buyers' anecdotes
* complete profiles of the regions
* 16 pages of colour photographs
* complete practical information on transport and services
* 15 pages of maps
* directory of contacts and dictionary of technical terms