Read this book to learn the answers to questions like:
- Why do so many problem-solving sites suggest that I repair permissions?
- Why can't I always access my own files when I boot from an external drive?
- What should I do if someone tells me to"set the permissions to -rw-r--r--"?
- What are promiscuous permissions, and should I be informing the vice squad?
- What are access control lists (ACLs), and what's new about them in Snow Leopard?
- What are the default permissions for copied files?
- With the NetInfo databasegone, how do I edit account settings such as numeric UID?
- How do I work with account groups from System Preferences?