Take your Web site to the next level with smart data technologies!
As Web sites grow in complexity, databases increasingly drive their content. Databases greatly simplify Web development by storing all the data for dozens, hundreds, or even thousands of Web pages that you formerly created and maintained by hand in just a few database-driven pages. WEB DATABASE DEVELOPMENT STEP BY STEP discusses the major Internet database technologies to show you how to create powerful, flexible Web databases that can serve your needs today and scale for the future. You'll discover the background and context behind the latest Web database technologies-and see them in action with complete code samples.
This title shows you how to:
• Build and test Web databases with Microsoft Windows 2000, Microsoft Windows NT 4, or Windows 98
• Get started creating relational databases on the Web
• Access tables and records with ActiveX Data Objects (ADO) and Open Database Connectivity (ODBC)
• Create customized Web content with Microsoft Visual Basic, Scripting Edition (VBScript), server-side scripting, and Active Server Pages (ASP)
• Develop, tune, and debug applications, and organize Web servers
• Configure Microsoft Internet Information Services and Microsoft Personal Web Server for data access
• Build powerful database applications that generate pages from Microsoft Access and Microsoft SQL Server data sources
• Run and display queries and manipulate records from remote clients on the Web
• Use eXtensible Markup Language (XML) to exchange data