Visit scenes of scandal and bars lobbyists troll for politicians. Attend a concert at the Kennedy Center or hike the trails in Rock Creek Park. Written with flair and wit by a DC native, this is the essential guide to its world-class museums and formidable architecture, grand promenades and shady alleys. Bring this book to see it all.
- where to stay, eat and shop - for all budgets;
- the best places to take kids;
- coverage of DC's African American history and culture;
- special section on the capital's gay and lesbian scene;
- excursions to Alexandria, Great Falls, Mt Vernon and more;
- 22 detailed color maps.