Follow in pilgrims' footsteps, challenge yourself among spectacular Alpine peaks and glaciers, and wander through idyllic villages, sampling delicious food and wine. This guide puts you on the right track for France's best walks.
• detailed descriptions of more than 100 days of walking, from easy strolls to multiday mountain adventures
• special features on the classic cross-border Tour du Mont Blanc and the best of the revered Chemin de St-Jacques (Way of St James) pilgrim route
• illustrated section on France's wildlife and wildflowers
• clear two-colour mops for each walk
• the lowdown on transport, accommodation and eating options en route
• practical advice on language, navigation and safety