If you are a Visual Basic programmer, this book will provide you with all the practical advice you need to master client/server database systems. Using real-life examples, this book provides a thorough and detailed introduction to ADO (ActiveX Data Objects) and to the various database productivity tools integrated into Visual Basic. It also offers a wealth of practical guidance on programming techniques allowing access to database servers such as MSQL Server. The book covers:
* Different Ado cursor types
* The advantages of stored procedures
* Application of ADO controls
* Distribution of VB database applications
* Internet access via WebClass objects
* Compact reference of ADO 2.1 objects and controls
All examples are based on SQL Server 7, and the book also gives detailed information about the Microsoft Data Engine (MSDE), which is ideal for smaller database projects: if required MSDE can be updated to SQL Server without any change of code.