Attention all surfers and skiers, city slickers and oenophiles: Santiago is in one of Chile's most diverse regions. With this detailed guide, you can explore this cosmopolitan capital, then head for a swoosh down the Andes, a frolic in the Pacific, or even south for a rodeo and a dip in some hot springs!
* lodging options from camping and hostels to high-rise hotels
* excursions from Valpo and Vifia to Mendoza, Argentina
* tips on touring the best wineries
* activities including hiking, cycling, rafting the Rio Maipo and more
* food listings including international cuisine and local favorites
* 16 detailed maps, 10 in full color