Developments in mobile technology and the wireless internet are converging to offer new opportunities for improving business processes and creating important new products and services. Pocket PC Development in the Enterprise is the first book to explain how to exploit these trends by developing mobile enterprise solutions based on Microsoft's increasingly popular Pocket PC platform. The authors discuss the business implications of the mobility boom before going on to provide the method, the code, and the tools for the reader to develop their own mobile solutions. To aid understanding, they use the story of a fictitious company, ACME Copier Inc., illustrating how their field service operation improves customer satisfaction and productivity via Pocket PC applications. The client- and server-side components that make it all work are included with the book, enabling the reader to reuse vital elements of the solution. Pocket PC Development in the Enterprise includes these invaluable features to help new developers hit the ground running:
• An overview of the business impact of mobile solutions;
• A tried and tested Pocket PC application development method;
• An effective mobile system architecture design blueprint;
• A set of practical, real-world illustrations;
• A wealth of sample code walk-throughs;
• A CD featuring all the code plus a host of essential Pocket PC developer tools.