Here's a practical book based on the authors long experience managing Oracle systems. It runs the gamut from the important details of database administration to advanced topics like Oracle replication and the standby database. It shows you how to implement a host of new features offered by Oracle8i.
Written for intermediate and advanced database administrators, Oracle8i Database Administration is also a great resource for database users, application programmers, systems analysts, project managers, system administrators and data warehousing professionals. If you've had any questions about Oracle8i, the answer is probably right here. This book shows you solutions, teaches you workarounds, and provides you with tips that will save you time.
- Detalled solutions to, common database problems
- How to, implement range, hash and composite partitioning
- Steps to, implement a standby database environment
- Details on installation, tablespaces, objects, triggers, stored procedures, PL/SQL, backup and recovery
- Real-world examples for OLTP and data warehousing applications
- New features of Oracle8i such as online index creation, transportable tablespaces, function-based index and more
- Advanced topics like performance and timing, parallel execution, advanced replication
- Hundreds of tested scripts for UNIX, LINUX and Windows NT