New Headway English Course is a development of the highly successful multi-level Headway series. The original coursebooks have been rewritten to include new features, activities, and, above all, new material to make the learning of English stimulating and motivating for both adult and young adult learners. The course combines the best of traditional methods with more recent approaches to help students use English accurately and fluently, and provides a fully comprehensive language teaching series from beginner to advanced.
New Headway Elementary can be used by both true and false beginners. It provides a foundation in the structure of the language, gradually building students' understanding of the basic grammar, vocabulary, and functions of English. Key features:
• Fresh, modern design, which makes activities easy to follow.
• New, universal topics selected from a wide variety of material.
• In-depth treatment of grammar, with clear presentations, self-check exercises in the Grammar Spot, and detailed explanation in the Grammar Reference, followed by extensive practice activities.
• Systematic vocabulary syllabus, including dictionary training, and work on systems such as collocation.
• Pronunciation work, which is integrated at appropriate points.
• Integrated skills work, where all four skills are developed in context.
• Everyday English section, which practises functional language and social situations. This Workbook contains further consolidation exercises which revise the grammatical input of the Student's Book, vocabulary exercises, and a writing syllabus. An optional Student's Workbook Cassette/CD is available for the Workbook.