Maxon Cinema 4D is rapidly rising to the forefront of professional tools for photorealistic illustration, animation, and video post-production work. With version 7; it expands its capabilities to include brand-new components, such as the SLA shaders, and several new plug-ins.
Longtime Cinema 4D users upgrading from older versions as well as those designers and animators who are new to the program will find a multitude of valuable techniques, including using SLA shaders, programming custom enhancements, and optimizing workflow and productivity. This book covers Cinema 4D XL 7, as well as the companion 3D paint program, BodyPaint 3D.
Arndt von Koenigsmarck introduces the reader to Cinema 4D's many modeling capabilities and demonstrates the advantages and disadvantages of individual techniques. Following step-by-step directions, you'll learn to:
• Work with new image rendering methods for special light effects such as radiosity and caustics
• Master a variety of modeling methods for Cinema 4D XL, from expressions to individualized morphing routines and delta plug-ins
• Use BodyPaint 3D to texture objects, such as realistic human hair
• Work with the new PolyReduction and ExplosionFX plug-ins to save storage space on your hard drive and create exciting explosion animations
• Use the new render passes to automatically separate a rendered image into light and material components