The World Wide Web and HTML (Hypertext markup language) scripting are the two essential Internet topics integrated in this book. Dr. Zeid utilizes a certain approach, logic and structure to meet the needs of students, instructors and professionals. The book explains the Internet concepts in a simple, coherent and comprehensive way. The text provides examples, tutorials, overviews and chapter summaries for lecture materials, while furnishing a self-teaching mode through very concise information to frequently asked questions in each chapter. Because the Internet continues to impact all aspects of our lives and all segments of societies all over the world, Dr. Zeid's easy-to-follow and direct style of the fundamental concepts of the Internet is vital to the readers who use the Internet on a daily basis. The author strives to build a new "mental model" in the reader's mind to deal successfully with the Internet by showing the reader how to deal with the fast changing and dynamic nature of the Internet. The book strikes a balance between subject depth and breadth on one hand, and between generic and practical aspects of the Internet on the other hand. The material in this book can be used as a textbook, a self-study book, or an Internet enthusiast's guide. Distinguishing Features
• Covers all topics to understand the subject of the Internet, its effective use, and HTML.
• Includes hands-on tutorial and examples.
• Provides a quick reference to the material in each chapter.
• Utilizes the latest technology tools and the latest browsers (Netscape Communicator 4.7 and Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0) and HTML 4.0.
• An Instructor CD containing both the exercises and homework problems to accompany the book and power point slides.
• Furnishes a Companion Website with supplemental material.