What rapid-access resource will you trust to guide your cancer treatment choices? When you need quick access to cancer management information, you want all the facts at your fingertips. The thoroughly updated Fifth Edition of this successful member the Spiral Manual series delivers the practical and accessible guidance you need to provide optimal patient care. Get fast answers to critical cancer treatment questions.
• Detailed coverage takes you from the principles of diagnosis and treatment to strategies for managing specific malignancies and complications of cancer.
• Concise, treatment-oriented presentation provides the practical perspectives you need to make effective clinical decisions.
• Rapid-reference format makes this the perfect quick consult at the bedside, during conferences, in the lab, anywhere!
• Expert contributions from oncologists involved in patient care help you choose the right treatment course for each patient.
• Useful appendices tabulate cytogenetic nomenclature, tumor identifiers,
immunohistochemical diagnosis, classification criteria for lymphoproliferative diseases and acute leukemias, complications of chemotherapy, and chemotherapeutic regimens for lymphomas.
• The content, organization, locus, and avoidance of duplication and equivocation make this manual extremely useful for preparing for
Board exams in oncology.
NEW to the Fifth Edition...
• Completely overhauled chapters on cancer chemotherapeutic agents, supportive care, head and neck cancers, breast cancer, neurologic tumors, and neuromuscular and infectious complications of cancer make sure your patients have all the options.
• All hematopoietic malignancies are classified according to the new World Health Organization system.
• Updated content throughout helps you base
your clinical choices on current information.