For more than three decades, FUNDAMENTALS OF MOMENTUM, HEAT, AND MASS TRANSFER has set the standard in the field with its consistent, clearly written, unified approach to transfer processes.
Building on the strengths of previous editions, the Fourth Edition of this classic text is updated with applications to contemporary technologies, such as materials processing, electronic chip cooling, biochemical engineering, and more. Readers will develop a sound understanding of transfer phenomena, build a set of valuable analysis skills, and apply basic principles to a wide variety of modern problems, and examples.
Features of the Fourth Edition
• New! Contemporary subject matter.
• New! More homework exercises and example problems that deal with current technologies.
• New! Revised coverage of mass transfer.
• Consistent approach to transport processes, highlighting similarities among different modes.
• Easy-to-understand descriptions of basic principles.
• A clear methodology for solving fundamentally based problems.
• Extensive tables of physical properties of solids, liquids, and gases.