From the searing Atacama Desert to frosty Patagonian glaciers, this book highlights an array of diverse destinations. Whether you wish to scale an Andean peak or sail the southern fjords, explore colonial Santiago or hit the beach in Viña del Mar, this guide will get you there.
* accommodations for a range of budgets, from rustic refugios to family-run hospedajes to hot-springs resorts
* the best places to taste pastel de choclo and sip pisco
* where to trek, ski and run the rapids or observe Ilamas, penguins and condors
* 86 detailed maps, including many national parks
* Spanish language section and glossary