2050, Paris n'est plus qu'un torrent de violences, le terrain de jeu de fanatiques déchus. L'air n'est plus respirable. Les hologrammes ont remplacé les hommes. Le travail n'est plus que le privilège de quelques-uns. Sous l'hégémonie de Dame Consommation, il est devenu interdit de fabriquer et réparer.
Ce livre est un signal d'alerte. Il est futuriste sans être fantaisiste. Un livre terrifiant de vérités aux premières pages et saisissant d'espoir aux dernières. Un très beau roman d'anticipation, empli d'humanité. Un bel appel au vivre ensemble et au retour à l'autosuffisance.
TV Guide has called it "one of TV's most enjoyably escapist hours ever." Its star, Jennifer Garner, has gone from a relative unknown to a huge superstar. Since it premiered in September 2001 it has consistently shown up on critics' top 10 lists, has a large, devoted following, and has won two Emmys and a Golden Globe. There's no denying it: Alias is a smash hit. But what is the show about? Ask 10 viewers of the show and you'll probably get 10 different answers. Even Alias's most diehard viewers can't help but feel a general "huh?" after every episode, despite being able to follow the overreaching arc of this excellent show. But Uncovering Alias is here to help solve the viewer's questions. Written as a companion to the show - but not a substitute for it - Uncovering Alias features
* biographies of the recurring cast members of the show
* a map of Rambaldi artifacts that have been uncovered by Sydney or other operatives
* a list of terms used by agents on the show (and a brief history and explanation of how the agency works)
* a list of the best sites on the Web
* a trivia quiz
* a history of the series and its various accomplishments
* an extensive episode guide to the first three seasons, including analyses of each episode, highlights, an outline of each missions in case you missed it, a list of the James Bond-like gadgets used, music featured, locations Sydney travels to, and continuity errors for the nitpickers
* sidebars listing fun facts such as the many uses of the number 47 in the series, the languages Sydney speaks and when, and more.