TV Guide has called it "one of TV's most enjoyably escapist hours ever." Its star, Jennifer Garner, has gone from a relative unknown to a huge superstar. Since it premiered in September 2001 it has consistently shown up on critics' top 10 lists, has a large, devoted following, and has won two Emmys and a Golden Globe. There's no denying it: Alias is a smash hit. But what is the show about? Ask 10 viewers of the show and you'll probably get 10 different answers.
Even Alias's most diehard viewers can't help but feel a general "huh?" after every episode, despite being able to follow the overreaching arc of this excellent show. But Uncovering Alias is here to help solve the viewer's questions. Written as a companion to the show - but not a substitute for it - Uncovering Alias features
* biographies of the recurring cast members of the show
* a map of Rambaldi artifacts that have been uncovered by Sydney or other operatives
* a list of terms used by agents on the show (and a brief history and explanation of how the agency works)
* a list of the best sites on the Web
* a trivia quiz
* a history of the series and its various accomplishments
* an extensive episode guide to the first three seasons, including analyses of each episode, highlights, an outline of each missions in case you missed it, a list of the James Bond-like gadgets used, music featured, locations Sydney travels to, and continuity errors for the nitpickers
* sidebars listing fun facts such as the many uses of the number 47 in the series, the languages Sydney speaks and when, and more.