Catel et Bocquet retracent le destin de la fascinante Joséphine Baker dans un magnifique roman (bio)graphique tout en noir et blanc. En 500 pages, les auteurs nous dévoilent toutes les facettes de cette femme emplie de convictions : muse de nombreux artistes, militante contre la ségrégation raciale, agent du contre-espionnage de la France Libre, mère adoptive d’une douzaine d’enfants venus d’horizons divers… elle était décidément bien plus qu’une danseuse de cabaret affublée d’une ceinture de bananes...
Ubuntu for everyone! This popular Linux-based operating system is perfect for people with little technical background. It's simple to install, and easy to use -- with a strong focus on security. Ubuntu: Up and Running shows you the ins and outs of this system with a complete hands-on tour. You'll learn how Ubuntu works, how to quickly configure and maintain Ubuntu 10.04, and how to use this unique operating system for networking, business, and home entertainment.
This book includes a DVD with the complete Ubuntu system and several specialized editions -- including the Mythbuntu multimedia release.
- Choose among three desktop environments: GNOME, KDE, or XFCE
- Connect printers, sound cards, cameras, webcams, and iPhones
- Use the Linux filesystem with either the desktop or the command line
- Learn networking functions, such as file and folder sharing and Internet access
- Get an in-depth introduction to the OpenOffice.org business productivity suite
- Learn how to use WINE to run Windows programs
- Implement upgrades quickly and easily
- Find out where to get, and how to install, other great software for Linux
Robin Nixon has worked with and written about computers since the early 1980s (his first computer was a Tandy TRS 80 Model 1 with a massive 4KB of RAM!). One of the web sites he developed presented the world's first radio station licensed by the music copyright holders. In order to enable people to continue to surf while listening, Robin also developed the first known pop-up windows. He has also worked full time for one of Britain's main IT magazine publishers, where he held several roles including editorial, promotions, and cover disc editing.