For six years, digital photography expert Tim Grey has answered readers' questions on his website and daily mailing list, "DDQ (Digital Darkroom Questions)."As a member of the Photoshop World Dream Team of instructors, Grey knows his stuff -- and after answering hoards of questions from photographers, he knows the most persistent and burning issues.
In his new book, Take Your Best Shot, Tim Grey answers the most-often asked questions about the digital darkroom and more in an easy-to-read format, organized by subject, and illustrated with beautiful photographs and instructive screenshots.
The book includes several new topics not covered on Grey's websiteTim Grey (Lien -> http://www.timgrey.com/ddq/). The topic list includes:
- Digital Fundamentals-- resolution, bit-depth, and imaging sensors
- Digital Cameras&Tools-- SLR vs. point-and-shoot, megapixels, field storage, sensor cleaning, CompactFlash card speed, and digital lenses
- Digital Photography-- JPEG vs. RAW, ISO settings, white balance
- Digital Darkroom-- Windows vs.
Mac, LCD vs. CRT, Lightroom vs. Photoshop, storage, backup, image downloading, and film and print scanning
- Color Management-- Monitor calibration and color temperature, printer profiling, when the printer doesn't match the monitor, and when prints lack shadow detail
- Image Optimization-- RAW conversion, tonal adjustments, curves, color balance, hue/saturation, clone stamp, spot healing brush, and healing brush
- Creative Effects-- Dodge and burn, black and white conversion, sepia tone, and artistic edge
- Image Problem-Solving-- Noise, washed-out sky, color cast, and color contamination
- Printing-- Printer choice, print resolution, raster image processors, paper choice, and print services
- Digital Sharing-- Preventing image theft, slideshow solutions, Web galleries, and sharing websites
You may know him from the series of popular"Tim Grey Guides"(Sybex), or from the hundreds of articles he's written for publications such asOutdoor Photographer, Digital Photo ProandPC Photo.
InTake Your Best Shot, Grey answers questions in the same clear and accessible style. If you want to know the"why"along with the"how", this book is the one you want -- the straight scoop from an expert who knows his business.