Tonya walks you through the entire iPad experience:
- Handle the hardware: Learn about the hardware components in your iPad model that make it unique, and get ideas for which accessories you should considering purchasing. Also, see where all the ports and buttons are on your iPad, plus find out how to turn it on and off, and how to reset and restore in case of a problem. For iPad 2 and third-generation iPad users, the ebook also describes how to use the camera for photos and videos, or to place a FaceTime video call.
- Get started: Learn how to answer the questions asked by the iPad's Setup Assistant, and get help with important configuration options that the Setup Assistant doesn't cover, including security, Bluetooth, tethering, Picture Frame slideshows, and notifications.
You'll also find detailed directions for managing a Wi-Fi or USB-based iTunes sync.
- Sync data wirelessly: Find advice for integrating your iPad with iCloud, Google Contacts and Calendars, and Microsoft Exchange. (The ebook has solid iCloud coverage, but for all the details, read Take Control of iCloud (Lien -> https://shop.oreilly.com/product/9781615423958.do).)
- Get around: Learn the most important gestures, and find out how to type on the iPad's virtual keyboard, with advice on typing faster, as well as how to copy and paste.
For third-generation iPad users, the ebook describes the new Voice Dictation feature.
- Make the Home screen feel like home: Find friendly guidance on customizing the Home screen and Dock, making folders, and managing the multitasking bar.
- Get organized: Learn how to send email and exchange text messages; run the Calendar and Contacts apps; and use Maps, Find My Friends, and Find My iPad.
- Enjoy media: Discover how to find and read ebooks and magazines, enjoy music and movies, listen to podcasts and audiobooks, browse the Web, use iTunes U, and generally become an iPad media maven.
- Add apps: Read real-world advice on locating, purchasing, downloading, configuring, organizing, and sharing third-party apps.