Le premier tome d'une nouvelle saga qui promet d'être aussi addictive que Le Clan des Otori. On retrouve avec un plaisir inégalé l'univers de Lian Hearn, son japon médiéval pétri de magie, son ambiance aussi éthérée que pesante, ses nombreux personnages attachants, ses luttes de pouvoir...
VMware Fusion is a powerful and convenient tool for running Windows or other operating systems on a Mac. This book teaches you all the fundamentals of Fusion, as well as tips and tricks to get the most out of running Windows on your Mac.
After introducing you to a few basic concepts, the ebook offers advice for mixing Fusion and Boot Camp, and notes the hardware and software you'll need.
You'll find steps for installing Windows for use in Fusion in these scenarios:
- When installing a new copy of Windows XP or Windows Vista
- From an already-installed copy of Windows under Boot Camp, VMware Fusion 1.x, Parallels Desktop, Virtual PC, or an actual PC
- From a slipstream disc that contains Windows plus service packs, updates, drivers, and settings
- On the MacBook Air, which lacks an internal optical drive
- With Mac OS X Leopard Server as a guest operating system
- For running a virtual appliance that encapsulates both an operating system and a ready-to-run application
Next, you'll learn how to work with Windows in a Fusion virtualmachine, with key details like how to remap mouse buttons, simulatemissing keys, set keyboard shortcuts, switch display modes, andwork with external devices.
Other topics covered include:
- Pros and cons of different ways of using Boot Camp and Fusion
- Configuring Fusion's Settings window to get the most out of the software
- Real-world advice for smart ways to make Windows and Mac environments simultaneously available on the same computer
- Options for sharing files between your Windows and Mac environments
- Keeping your copy of Windows secure, backed up, and updated
- The basics of working with Fusion from the command line for advanced users
Joe Kissell has written numerous books about the Macintosh, including many popular Take Control ebooks. He's also Senior Editor of TidBITS and a Senior Contributor to Macworld, and previously spent ten years in the Mac software industry.