Le premier tome d'une nouvelle saga qui promet d'être aussi addictive que Le Clan des Otori. On retrouve avec un plaisir inégalé l'univers de Lian Hearn, son japon médiéval pétri de magie, son ambiance aussi éthérée que pesante, ses nombreux personnages attachants, ses luttes de pouvoir...
After covering essential DEVONthink vocabulary and concepts, Joe helps you start using DEVONthink effectively. You'll learn how to:
- Get around in the interface
- Decide how many databases you need and set them up
- Determine whether to input or index data
- Configure where incoming data will go
- Import data from many different applications
- Input data from a scanner, including OCR options
- Use grouping and tagging to organize data
- Use simple (and sophisticated) techniques for searching
- Create smart groups that automatically gather newly imported data
- Edit data in DEVONthink (or externally)
- Export data out of DEVONthink
- Back up and maintain healthy databases
Questions answered in the book include:
- What is DEVONthink good for, and what should be left to other programs?
- What kinds of data can I import? (Short answer: Nearly everything!)
- Which of DEVONthink's many views should I use?
- When I import data from different sources, where does it end up, and why?
- Is it better to sort imported data right away, or leave it for later?
- Should I group my data, tag it, or both?
- What are duplicates and replicants, and how can I tell them apart?
- Which types of data can be created or edited within DEVONthink?
- How do I make my DEVONthink database accessible via the Web?
- Are there Automator or AppleScript options for DEVONthink? (Hint: Yes!)
Joe Kissell has written numerous books about the Macintosh, including many popular Take Control ebooks. He's also Senior Editor of TidBITS and a Senior Contributor to Macworld, and previously spent ten years in the Mac software industry.