Most companies don't understand SharePoint's power, and use it simply to share documents or spreadsheets. This hands-on book demonstrates how SharePoint can also help you organize and manage complex projects. With SharePoint 2010 for Project Management, you'll not only understand how to apply common and practical project management concepts in SharePoint, you'll learn how to build a Project Management Information System (PMIS), customized to your project, that can efficiently coordinate communication and collaboration among team members.
Written by a certified Project Management Professional (PMP) and Microsoft SharePoint MVP with 15 years of IT experience, each chapter includes activities to help you practice what you learn.
- Apply key project management techniques by leveraging SharePoint as a PMIS
- Track a case study that illustrates the circumstances and processes of an effective SharePoint PMIS
- Define access permissions for project stakeholders and team members
- Centralize project documents and keep track of document history with version control
- Automate project reporting mechanisms and generate on-demand status reports
- Track project schedules, control changes, and manage project risks
- Integrate project management tools such as Excel, Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, and Outlook