The fourth edition of this popular pocket guide provides quick-reference information that will help you use Oracle's PL/SQL language, including the newest Oracle Database 11g features. It's a companion to Steven Feuerstein and Bill Pribyl's bestselling Oracle PL/SQL Programming.
This concise guide boils down the most vital PL/SQL information into an accessible summary of:
- Fundamental language elements (e.g., block structure, datatypes, declarations)
- Statements for program control, cursor management, and exception handling
- Records, procedures, functions, triggers, and packages
- Calling PL/SQL functions in SQL
- Compilation options, object-oriented features, collections, and Java integration
The new edition describes such Oracle Database 11g elements as PL/SQL's function result cache, compound triggers, the CONTINUE statement, the SIMPLE_INTEGER datatype, and improvements to native compilation, regular expressions, and compiler optimization (including intra-unit inlining).
In addition, this book now includes substantial new sections on Oracle's built-in functions and packages.
When you need answers quickly, the Oracle PL/SQL Language Pocket Reference will save you hours of frustration.