What would happen if you optimized a data store for the operations application developers actually use? You'd arrive at MongoDB, the reliable document-oriented database. With this concise guide, you'll learn how to build elegant database applications with MongoDB and PHP.
Written by the Chief Solutions Architect at 10gen-the company that develops and supports this open source database-this book takes you through MongoDB basics such as queries, read-write operations, and administration, and then dives into MapReduce, sharding, and other advanced topics.
Get out of the relational database rut, and take advantage of a high-performing system optimized for operations and scale.
- Learn step-by-step the tools you need to build PHP applications with MongoDB
- Perform Create, Read, Update, and Delete (CRUD) operations, and learn how to perform queries to retrieve data
- Administer your database, and access and manipulate data with the MongoDB Shell
- Use functions to work with sets, arrays, and multiple documents to perform synchronous, asynchronous, and atomic operations
- Discover PHP's community tools and libraries, and why they're valuable
- Work with regular expressions, aggregation, MapReduce, replication, and sharding