Move over, Miley, there's a new teen queen in town. At sixteen, Miranda Cosgrove can do it all: she's got major film experience (in 2003's School of Rock), a budding music career (with four hit singles and an album underway), and after a major role on Drake & Josh, she was granted every young star's wish - a new TV show tailor-made to showcase her talent. Created by Nickelodeon's visionary producer Dan Schneider, iCarly is a zany sitcom about three friends who start their own webcast, where they perform skits and stunts, and showcase their viewers' wild and wacky talents.
Schneider called his creation a show where "kids win, " and appropriately, iCarly is winning the ratings race drawing nearly 8 million viewers per episode as the number one scripted show for kids and tweens. But fans aren't just watching. Kids have submitted over 100, 000 of their own videos to iCarly.com to be featured on the website and even on the show itself.
The first book to focus on Nickelodeon's crown jewel, The Miranda Cosgrove and iCarly Spectacular! also includes:
- the story behind Drake & Josh and the creation of iCarly
- a comprehensive guide to Miranda Cosgrove's career including her music and acting
- cast bios for the co-stars of iCarly and Drake & Josh
- an iCarly episode guide
- fun facts, highlights of fan-created content, and the cast's Twitter commentary
- tons of colour photos of these rising stars and their on-set antics
Voted best TV show in 2009 at the Kids' Choice Awards, fans can't get enough of iCarly.
The Miranda Cosgrove and iCarly Spectacular! is the essential full-colour guide to this unstoppable Emmy-nominated TV sensation and the girl at the heart of the show.