Le premier tome d'une nouvelle saga qui promet d'être aussi addictive que Le Clan des Otori. On retrouve avec un plaisir inégalé l'univers de Lian Hearn, son japon médiéval pétri de magie, son ambiance aussi éthérée que pesante, ses nombreux personnages attachants, ses luttes de pouvoir...
The KDE and Gnome desktops have developed into mature operating environments. These technologies not only act as interfaces between the user, the powerful Linux kernel and GNU operating system, but they do so in a fun and intuitive way. Many users are content with the tools and facilities included with these desktops, but--for those who are ready to probe a little deeper--much more functionality can be found by going under the hood.
With hacks that any user can follow, Linux Desktop Hacksdemonstrates how easy it is to modify Linux to suit your desires. The book is packed with tips on customizing and improving the interface, boosting performance, administering your desktop, and generally making the most out of what X, KDE, Gnome, and the console have to offer.
From the practical to the whimsical, and some things you never thought of trying, the hacks in the book include the following, and more:
- Kill and Resurrect the Master Boot Record
- Jazz Up Your Debian System Boot
- Energize Your Console with Macro Music Magic
- Konquer Remote Systems Without Passwords
- Run KDE on the Bleeding Edge
- View Microsoft Word Documents in a Terminal
- Read Yahoo! Mail from Any Email Client
- Motion Capture and Video Conferencing Fun
- Automate Your Life with cron
- Protect Yourself from Windows Applications
- Make an Internet Connection Using Bluetooth and a Mobile Phone
- Print to Unsupported Printers
- Accelerate Your GamingIf you're yearning for information to make the Linux desktop easier, more powerful, and more fun, Linux Desktop Hacksis just the ticket.