Catel et Bocquet retracent le destin de la fascinante Joséphine Baker dans un magnifique roman (bio)graphique tout en noir et blanc. En 500 pages, les auteurs nous dévoilent toutes les facettes de cette femme emplie de convictions : muse de nombreux artistes, militante contre la ségrégation raciale, agent du contre-espionnage de la France Libre, mère adoptive d’une douzaine d’enfants venus d’horizons divers… elle était décidément bien plus qu’une danseuse de cabaret affublée d’une ceinture de bananes...
Deliver an optimal user experience to all devices-including tablets, smartphones, feature phones, laptops, and large screens-by learning the basics of responsive web design. In this hands-on guide, UX designer Clarissa Peterson explains how responsive web design works, and takes you through a responsive workflow from project kickoff to site launch.
Ideal for anyone involved in the process of creating websites-not just developers-this book teaches you fundamental strategies and techniques for using HTML and CSS to design websites that not only adapt to any screen size, but also use progressive enhancement to provide a better user experience based on device capabilities such as touchscreens and retina displays.
- Start with content strategy before creating a visual design
- Learn why your default design should be for the narrowest screens
- Explore the HTML elements and CSS properties essential for responsive web design
- Use media queries to display different CSS styles based on a device's viewport width
- Handle elements such as images, typography, and navigation
- Use performance optimization techniques to make your site lighter and faster
Clarissa Peterson is a freelance UX designer, web developer, and consultant, specializing in responsive design.
Before setting out on her own, she spent ten years managing websites for various nonprofit organizations and government agencies in Washington, DC, doing everything from front-end development and user experience design to content strategy, online marketing, and project management.
She frequently speaks and gives workshops on responsive design, mobile strategy, and user experience.