Build a PC that will outperform any brand-name box on the market
Yes, even if you're not a total geek you can build your own PC -- and we guarantee it's worth the effort. You'll discover that the quality is better and the cost is much lower than any comparable off-the-shelf PC you can buy. Design the custom computer you want, and have fun doing it.
- Get high-quality PC hardware from local stores and online vendors
- Plan your computer project with a complete checklist
- Create the ideal PC that will run Windows 7 or Linux
- Take advantage of the latest multi-core CPUs
- Assemble, test, and configure your PC with ease
- Build a PC that meets your needs and fits your budget
Written by hardware experts, this book delivers complete instructions for building your own dream machine with high-quality components, whether it's a PC for general use, extreme gaming, a media center, or home server.
Straightforward language, clear directions, and easy-to-follow illustrations make this guide a breeze for computer builders of any skill level, even those with no experience.
Building the Perfect PCpresents six in-depth custom PC projects:
- Mainstream PC-- Fast, flexible, quiet, and reliable at a reasonable price
- Extreme System-- A wicked fast PC for video editing, gaming, and more
- Media Center-- One PC to replace your TiVo, game console, DVD, andCD player
- Home Server-- Ideal home network hub to store, share, and secure data
- Appliance PC-- A tiny, quiet, inexpensive PC you can put anywhere
- Budget System-- Reliable and highly functional at a low, low price